Hyannis Half Marathon
|Course Description||Course Records|
|Course Map||Waterstops, etc.|
The course is extremely picturesque and historical along Craigville Beach, Kalus Beach, historic Hyannis Harbor, Lewis Bay, John F. Kennedy Memorial, Kennedy Family Compound, Officer Michael Aselton Memorial Park, and the charming Cape Cod villages of Hyannisport and Centerville.
The course is paved and mostly flat and gentle, with a few rolling areas ideal for a late winter/early spring PR.
Hyannis Half Marathon is a one loop course. The course is not closed to traffic however the traffic is very light on most of the courses. The Course is well monitored by police and volunteers.
Both the marathon and half marathon courses are USATF certified by Ray Nelson.
- USATF Certification # MA11001RN - Marathon
- USATF Certification # MA11002RN - Half Marathon
- Blue Bib= Marathon
- Red Bib= Marathon Early Start
- White Bib= Half Marathon
- White Bib= Marathon Team Relay
Capstone Photography will cover the race course, capturing photos of runners as they progress through the race. Race photos will be posted within five business days at www.capstonephoto.com for viewing and purchase. A percentage of the proceeds go to the race organization and its beneficiaries. Unlike other race photography companies, Capstone Photography puts each image ordered through an exacting post-capture optimization process, so you can be sure that each photo you receive will be the best it can be!
To the top 3 finishers (all individual races) in each age & weight division men & women: 14 & under, 15--17, 18--29, 30--39, 40-49, 50--59, 60--69, 70 & over, Clydesdale Open & Masters 190-210lbs., Clydesdale Open & Masters 211-225lbs., Clydesdale Open & Masters 226lbs.+, Clydesdale Sr. Masters 190lbs.+ & Filly Open & Masters 140lbs.+
You must weigh in - only if you are competing/participating in a weight division, please look for the USACFRF sponsored weigh-in which will be inside the front foyer of the hotel ballroom.
The overall, age, weight, team & visually impaired divisional winner awards will all be passed out in the Resort & Conference Center at Hyannis Ballroom. We will not be mailing out awards - you must attend the awards ceremony.
- The first man & woman will each win a special engraved plaque
- The top three in each division will be awarded a 2.5" medal with engraved race logo in red, white & blue
- Half Marathon "Finisher Medals" to all that complete the Hyannis Half Marathon.
- Male Record 1:06:56 by Larry Barthlow in 1991
- Female Record 1:15:41 by Julie Peterson in 1991
Results for years 1996 through this year can be found at the results page.
|Average temperature.......it's New England!! Be prepared for all weather conditions!!|
- 7 aid stations providing water & lemon-lime gatorade on Half Marathon course
- 15 aid stations providing water & lemon-lime gatorade on Marathon course
- 8 portable toilets along the course.
- 20 - will be in front of the Resort & Conference Center at Hyannis
- (start, end of Half; half-way for full Marathon),
- 1- will be on Bay Street - aid station
- 1- will be on Scudder & Craigville Beach Rd (former fire station) - aid station
- 1- will be at the corner of Craigville Beach Road & Centerville Road - aid station
- 1- will be at the Craigville Beach Parking lot - also an exchange zone for the Marathon Team Relay
- 1- will be at Park Ave & Bumps River Rd - aid station
- 1- will be at the corner of Old Stage Rd and Old Post Rd - aid station
- 1- will be at Strawberry Hill Rd and Old Town Rd - aid station
- 1- will be at Old Town Rd and Craigville Beach Rd - aid station
- Courses staffed by emergency vehicles, and there are four (4) EMTs along the course and four (4) at the Finish Line, with Emergency Service provided by Hyannis Fire Department & Centerville Fire Department.
Shower & Changing facilities are available at the private "Hyannis Athletic Club" within the Resort & Conference Center at Hyannis and for a fee of $20.00 at the door. This represents the 1-day charge to use the facilities. You must bring your own towel, soap and shampoo.
The Hyannis Athletic Club will not supply towels under any circumstances and all runners must be respectful of all members usage of the showers. If this is NOT acceptable then it is suggested that you rent a room SOMEWHERE, if this is a priority in your life. The amenity of having shower facilities is a great one today and we understand this, however the COST of water is no longer a minor one for anyone or organization.
A multi-colored long sleeve tee shirt is guaranteed with the registration for all events up until January 1, 2013, and then as available after January 1 and on race weekend.
$60 before or on December 31, 2012
$65 after December 31, 2012
(400 Person Registration Limit)
$50 before or on December 31, 2012
$55 after December 31, 2012
(2500 Person Registration Limit)
|Marathon Team Relay
$110 per team before or on December 31, 2012
$120 per team after December 31, 2012
(75 Team Registration Limit)
-All 2012 races were sold out by February 1, 2012-